Incompetence costs high
As a retired consultant engineer, I become incensed whenever the Heathway development is mentioned for whatever reason. It is appalling that a project which was obviously very expensive, was so ill-thought out that modifications continue long after the ap
As a retired consultant engineer, I become incensed whenever the Heathway development is mentioned for whatever reason.
It is appalling that a project which was obviously very expensive, was so ill-thought out that modifications continue long after the apparent completion.
In the manufacturing industry, overseeing projects costing many millions of pounds, necessitates careful and authoritative leadership to ensure that in-depth consideration regarding any major project, is discussed at boardroom level from conception.
If considered viable, it would be ensured that full value for money was realised, culminating in a successful installation with increased profitability and more secure future employment for staff.
You may also want to watch:
Barking and Dagenham Council have a totally different approach, as demonstrated by the farcical Heathway development which is continuously in the news for negative reasons.
On the whole it illustrates a very amateurish compilation given approval by leaders who implement a project with little consideration to its viability, and any possible repercussions during and after installation.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
Such a mismanaged and ill-conceived proposal would never have got off the ground in the manufacturing environment.
As a point of interest, would the council release costs for the completion of the scheme?
Also, is this latest modification included within the overall costing in the first instance, or is it a cap in hand requirement?
Name and address supplied