Incompetence costs high
As a retired consultant engineer, I become incensed whenever the Heathway development is mentioned for whatever reason. It is appalling that a project which was obviously very expensive, was so ill-thought out that modifications continue long after the ap
As a retired consultant engineer, I become incensed whenever the Heathway development is mentioned for whatever reason.
It is appalling that a project which was obviously very expensive, was so ill-thought out that modifications continue long after the apparent completion.
In the manufacturing industry, overseeing projects costing many millions of pounds, necessitates careful and authoritative leadership to ensure that in-depth consideration regarding any major project, is discussed at boardroom level from conception.
If considered viable, it would be ensured that full value for money was realised, culminating in a successful installation with increased profitability and more secure future employment for staff.
Barking and Dagenham Council have a totally different approach, as demonstrated by the farcical Heathway development which is continuously in the news for negative reasons.
On the whole it illustrates a very amateurish compilation given approval by leaders who implement a project with little consideration to its viability, and any possible repercussions during and after installation.
- 1 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 2 Jailed: 8 east London offenders put behind bars in June
- 3 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 4 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 5 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
- 6 More than 300 homes finished at Beam Park as council leader visits
- 7 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 8 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 9 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 10 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
Such a mismanaged and ill-conceived proposal would never have got off the ground in the manufacturing environment.
As a point of interest, would the council release costs for the completion of the scheme?
Also, is this latest modification included within the overall costing in the first instance, or is it a cap in hand requirement?
Name and address supplied