Initial success for DMT
YOU get three tracks for the price of one with DMT s catchy-as-you-like crossover anthem, Touch You. Inspired by the Rui Da Silva s UK No 1 house anthem Touch Me, the track has been put together by Hackney producer Matt, with a full vocal from Daniel and
YOU get three tracks for the price of one with DMT's catchy-as-you-like crossover anthem, Touch You.
Inspired by the Rui Da Silva's UK No 1 house anthem Touch Me, the track has been put together by Hackney producer Matt, with a full vocal from Daniel and rap by Taz.
So there's your D, your M and your T. But when it comes to their surnames, these boys are playing their cards close to their chests.
All are involved in more underground projects - Matt is in the studio with New York house legend Victor Simonelli and has produced with dubstep star Skream, but has remixed Nightcrawlers, Lighthouse Family and MJ Cole.
You may also want to watch:
The success of this lively pop anthem has taken the trio by surprise.
More recently they've found themselves touring the UK with X Factor stars J.L.S because of the sheer demand of the track.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
Hackney boy Matt told me: "I can't even remember half of places we've been to recently. It's been big nightclubs to thousands of people in places like Southampton, Southend and Newcastle in the past week or so. I'm just on the decks in the background while the other two are doing their thing.''
But whether they like it or not, it sounds like we're going to be hearing a lot more of DMT.
An album is almost in the can, and it's hard to resist the infectious combination their individual talents combine to achieve.
What we do know is that all are aged in their late 20s. Matt bumped into south Londoner Taz in a Soho record shop last year. They started working together and Taz brought in Hertforshire-based singer Daniel.
Matt explains: "I guess you could say I'm the one who pushes the buttons, but other two both have ideas and input. We all wrote bits of the rap and the vocal on Touch You."
The result was dynamic and promos first started circulating in August. Universal label AATW (All Around The World) snapped up the track and this week's release should see it chart-bound.