Injured pair are not considered serious
WEST HAM suffered a double blow on Saturday when both Matthew Upson and Valon Behrami limped away from the clash with Liverpool before the game had even reached the half hour mark. But it seems that the diagnoses for both players is not as bad as many sup
WEST HAM suffered a double blow on Saturday when both Matthew Upson and Valon Behrami limped away from the clash with Liverpool before the game had even reached the half hour mark.
But it seems that the diagnoses for both players is not as bad as many supporters had feared, although both missed last night's Carling Cup defeat against Bolton Wanderers.
"It shouldn't be too bad," revealed Gianfranco Zola following the 3-2 defeat by Liverpool.
"For Upson, the muscle got very tight, so he had to come off before he broke it.
You may also want to watch:
"Regarding Valon Behrami, because he has been working a lot in the last few weeks, he had a problem with a sciatic nerve, but it shouldn't be too bad as well."
Both are expected to make the trip to Eastlands next Monday for the clash with Manchester City.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week