Is Church the answer to Orient prayers?
NEW Orient manager Geraint Williams made his second signing within a week, when he captured Welsh under-21 international Simon Church, WRITES TREVOR DAVIES. The 20-year-old Reading striker has joined for a month and goes straight into the squad for Satur
NEW Orient manager Geraint Williams made his second signing within a week, when he captured Welsh under-21 international Simon Church, WRITES TREVOR DAVIES.
The 20-year-old Reading striker has joined for a month and goes straight into the squad for Saturday's clash at Hartlepool United.
Church looks set to replace Adam Boyd, who is struggling with an ankle injury, and came off after just 25 minutes of last weekend's victory against Crewe.
The Royals hit-man has enjoyed previous loan spells with Crewe, Yeovil and Wycombe Wanderers and although he has yet to make his Championship debut for Reading, he has won 10 caps for Wales at under-21 level and has scored seven goals, including three in the European Championship qualifying play-off against England, earlier in the season.
You may also want to watch:
Williams said: "We're delighted to have signed Simon. He's a young man with international experience and has done well for Wales under-21s.
"He will bring quality to our attacking options and is a hard-working player who comes with a good endorsement from the Welsh under-21 manager Brian Flynn. It's great to have him on board.
- 1 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 2 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 9 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL