It all starts again boys!
NEWHAM S amateur clubs will be stepping up their training for the new season in the weeks ahead as they chase honours at both junior and senior level at the start of the new campaign. It should prove a hectic start to the new season with many club shows s
NEWHAM'S amateur clubs will be stepping up their training for the new season in the weeks ahead as they chase honours at both junior and senior level at the start of the new campaign.
It should prove a hectic start to the new season with many club shows scheduled, and the championship getting underway in October, when the junior novice title trail is launched, continuing through to the national finals in November.
Also booked for early October is the return leg of the Ricky Hatton belt match which features London boxers against a north-east team, boxing under the Tyne, Tees and Wear area banner.
Boxers from Canning Town's Peacock BC featured in the first match at Newbiggin near Newcastle in June and will be expected to be included in the return match in October at a London venue - possibly York Hall, Bethnal Green or Dagenham's Goresbrook Centre.
You may also want to watch:
The following month it will be the turn of the Newham Boxing Club's senior prospects entering the senior novices competition which start with the local preliminaries and continue to the national finals in December.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 5 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild