It is legal to drive in bus lanes
Every morning I have to drive past Morrison s heading towards Whalebone Lane South at the Fiddlers. As I am going straight on I use the Bus Lane if there are no buses in the way and if there is nothing parked in it, and cross the junction so that I am i
Every morning I have to drive past Morrison's heading towards Whalebone Lane South at the Fiddlers.
As I am going straight on I use the Bus Lane if there are no buses in the way and if there is nothing parked in it, and cross the junction so that I am in the correct lane and continue with the stream of traffic.
I have to put up with the dirty looks, the scowling through their windows and cars that drive with two wheels in the bus lane, although they either want to use the middle lane to go straight across.
to them I say please read your Highway Code. It is perfectly legal to drive in the bus lane outside operating hours.
The operating hours of this Bus Lane are Monday to Saturday between 3pm and 7pm. Therefore, anyone can drive in it at any time unless it's between those hours.
It is clearly marked on the signposts. If I was actually doing anything wrong I would deserve these looks and delaying tactics, but I'm not. Councillor Fairbrass commented on exactly the same thing in one of the last editorials in the now defunct Citizen magazine, as he was sick of the looks he got from people who seemed to think that he shouldn't be in the Bus Lane.
- 1 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 2 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 3 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 9 Met Police arrest more than 900 in London-wide knife crime op
- 10 Dagenham's injury problems building up ahead of Notts County trip
Name and address supplied