It's Complicated (15)
MERYL Streep and Alec Baldwin star in a romantic comedy about love, divorce and everything in between. Jane and Jake have been divorced for 10 years and now have an amicable relationship. But when they find themselves out of town for their son s college
MERYL Streep and Alec Baldwin star in a romantic comedy about love, divorce and everything in between.
Jane and Jake have been divorced for 10 years and now have an amicable relationship. But when they find themselves out of town for their son's college graduation, something surprising happens.
An innocent meal together turns into the unimaginable - an affair.
With Jake now married to a much younger woman, Jane is, of all things, the other woman.
And caught in the middle of their renewed romance is Adam (Steve Martin), hired to remodel Jane's kitchen who starts to fall for her.
IT'S COMPLICATED (15) is written and directed by Nancy Meyers, who brought us What Women Want and Something's Gotta Give.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
Meyers says: "I pictured Meryl in this part and I pictured her doing things that I would never have the guts to do.
"Thinking of Meryl pushed me as I wrote. Jane is definitely braver than I am, and it was fun writing that bravery and the choices she would make and the chances she would allow herself to take.
"As she says in the film, she 'experimented with a part of herself.' I'd rather experiment with a character in a movie than actually make the choices she makes...but that's why she was so fun and engaging a character for me to write."
Of having Streep sign on for the film, Meyers shares: "She was the first person I went to, and I was thrilled beyond words that she wanted to do it. She's extraordinary; she's the most prepared actor I've ever worked with. Meryl doesn't just know her lines, she sees the movie as a whole - as a filmmaker would."
Baldwin was delighted to be asked to work with Meyers.
He says: "I've always loved her films because they are adult movies about adult relationships, and the trouble people get into in these relationships.
"But another reason I wanted to do this film was Meryl.
"Like most actors working today, I have worshipped Meryl for a long time, and I'm grateful for this opportunity to work with her.