It's Complicated (15)
MERYL Streep and Alec Baldwin star in a romantic comedy about love, divorce and everything in between. Jane and Jake have been divorced for 10 years and now have an amicable relationship. But when they find themselves out of town for their son s college
MERYL Streep and Alec Baldwin star in a romantic comedy about love, divorce and everything in between.
Jane and Jake have been divorced for 10 years and now have an amicable relationship. But when they find themselves out of town for their son's college graduation, something surprising happens.
An innocent meal together turns into the unimaginable - an affair.
With Jake now married to a much younger woman, Jane is, of all things, the other woman.
You may also want to watch:
And caught in the middle of their renewed romance is Adam (Steve Martin), hired to remodel Jane's kitchen who starts to fall for her.
IT'S COMPLICATED (15) is written and directed by Nancy Meyers, who brought us What Women Want and Something's Gotta Give.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 7 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 8 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 9 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
Meyers says: "I pictured Meryl in this part and I pictured her doing things that I would never have the guts to do.
"Thinking of Meryl pushed me as I wrote. Jane is definitely braver than I am, and it was fun writing that bravery and the choices she would make and the chances she would allow herself to take.
"As she says in the film, she 'experimented with a part of herself.' I'd rather experiment with a character in a movie than actually make the choices she makes...but that's why she was so fun and engaging a character for me to write."
Of having Streep sign on for the film, Meyers shares: "She was the first person I went to, and I was thrilled beyond words that she wanted to do it. She's extraordinary; she's the most prepared actor I've ever worked with. Meryl doesn't just know her lines, she sees the movie as a whole - as a filmmaker would."
Baldwin was delighted to be asked to work with Meyers.
He says: "I've always loved her films because they are adult movies about adult relationships, and the trouble people get into in these relationships.
"But another reason I wanted to do this film was Meryl.
"Like most actors working today, I have worshipped Meryl for a long time, and I'm grateful for this opportunity to work with her.