It’s odds on a tough time
THE bookmakers are predicting a season of struggle for the O s, with most of them believing Geraint Williams side will do well to survive in League One next term. The O s are quoted as 50-1 by Bet365 for the title, and only unfancied Yeovil and Stockpo
THE bookmakers are predicting a season of struggle for the O's, with most of them believing Geraint Williams' side will do well to survive in League One next term.
The O's are quoted as 50-1 by Bet365 for the title, and only unfancied Yeovil and Stockport have longer odds.
Betfred also have the O's as 50-1 outsiders, while Victor Chandler offers the skinniest odds on the O's and has them as 25-1 shots.
After ending 20th in their first season in League One, the O's have recorded two successive 14th-place finishes, although they did flirt with relegation last season.
This year the division looks tougher than ever and Leeds, who missed out on promotion in the play-offs, are firm favourites with all the bookies.
While Norwich and Charlton, who were relegated from the Championship, are the second and third favourites.
- 1 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
- 2 Council tax rebates totalling £2m remain unclaimed, authority says
- 3 Dagenham fire families receive thousands in donated cash
- 4 London among areas where drought is declared
- 5 Item thrown from A13 bridge smashes windscreen and injures driver
- 6 Liz Truss visits Dagenham youth centre on Tory leadership campaign trail
- 7 'An incredible privilege’: Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas on 21 years of service
- 8 ‘It’s like a warzone’: Extent of damage to Ballards Road homes on show following blaze which destroyed 14 houses
- 9 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 10 Campaign launched for young people anxious about A Level and GSCE results
Who the bookies rate for the League One title:
Leeds United 7-2
Charlton Athletic 8-1
MK Dons 10-1
Brighton & Hove A12-1
Huddersfield Town 14-1
Wycombe Wanderers 40-1
Exeter City 50-1
Leyton Orient 50-1
Hartlepool United 50-1
Odds from bet365