It’s odds on a tough time
THE bookmakers are predicting a season of struggle for the O s, with most of them believing Geraint Williams side will do well to survive in League One next term. The O s are quoted as 50-1 by Bet365 for the title, and only unfancied Yeovil and Stockpo
THE bookmakers are predicting a season of struggle for the O's, with most of them believing Geraint Williams' side will do well to survive in League One next term.
The O's are quoted as 50-1 by Bet365 for the title, and only unfancied Yeovil and Stockport have longer odds.
Betfred also have the O's as 50-1 outsiders, while Victor Chandler offers the skinniest odds on the O's and has them as 25-1 shots.
After ending 20th in their first season in League One, the O's have recorded two successive 14th-place finishes, although they did flirt with relegation last season.
You may also want to watch:
This year the division looks tougher than ever and Leeds, who missed out on promotion in the play-offs, are firm favourites with all the bookies.
While Norwich and Charlton, who were relegated from the Championship, are the second and third favourites.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 3 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 6 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 'Always smiling' former mayoress turns 100
- 9 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 10 Dagenham & Redbridge release six as they announce retained list
Who the bookies rate for the League One title:
Leeds United 7-2
Charlton Athletic 8-1
MK Dons 10-1
Brighton & Hove A12-1
Huddersfield Town 14-1
Wycombe Wanderers 40-1
Exeter City 50-1
Leyton Orient 50-1
Hartlepool United 50-1
Odds from bet365