Jack Petchey Award winners
MORE THAN 100 young students were presented with Jack Petchey Achievement Awards at the annual award ceremony for schools in Barking and Dagenham. The award winners were joined by their parents, friends and school staff members, 10 of whom wer
MORE THAN 100 young students were presented with Jack Petchey Achievement Awards at the annual award ceremony for schools in Barking and Dagenham.
The award winners were joined by their parents, friends and school staff members, 10 of whom were presented with Jack Petchey Leader Awards, at Castle Green, Dagenham.
The event brought together 12 schools and colleges, with youngsters winning awards for a variety of achievements - not just being clever but putting in effort and doing their best - nominated by their peers and their teachers.
The Mayor of Barking and Dagenham, Cllr Emmanuel Obasohan, posed for photographs with all of the award winners.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "It has been a real pleasure to be here this evening to celebrate the achievements and mark the positive contributions of so many young people within the borough.
"Evenings such as this serve as a refreshing reminder to us of just some of the many positive contributions that young people make - both in their schools and colleges and also in the local community."
- 1 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 3 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 4 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 5 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 6 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 7 Stephen Port inquests: Police chief denies 'systemic' errors
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 10 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
Pictures of all the winning schools and full list of winners in this week's Barking and Dagenham Recorder.