Jade brings UK home in fifth
HOPES of Newham - and British - glory in the Eurovision Song Contest were dashed when Plaistow s Jade Ewen finished in fifth place on Saturday night.But the result was a massive improvement on the UK s place at the bottom of the table last year, but her
HOPES of Newham - and British - glory in the Eurovision Song Contest were dashed when Plaistow's Jade Ewen finished in fifth place on Saturday night.
But the result was a massive improvement on the UK's place at the bottom of the table last year, but her efforts failed to secure enough points to compete with record-breaking winner Norway.
Andrew Lloyd Webber's involvement by co-writing the song helped achieve the best British finish since 2002.
Jade , 21, really did us proud and succeeded in reversing the UK's bad run of results in the 54th contest with It's My Time by Lord Lloyd-Webber and Diane Warren.
You may also want to watch:
This year, for the first time, phone votes from the public were combined with the votes of national juries to decide the marks.
Andrew Lloyd Webber paid tribute to Jade, who had enchanted everyone in Russia in the last two weeks building up to the show.
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 6 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 7 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 8 Barking and Dagenham, Newham named priority areas by Arts Council
- 9 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
- 10 Things to do: Enjoy the last of summer out in east London this weekend
He said: "She was brilliant. She gave a superb performance and I think tonight we have seen a true star born.