Jade brings UK home in fifth
HOPES of Newham - and British - glory in the Eurovision Song Contest were dashed when Plaistow s Jade Ewen finished in fifth place on Saturday night.But the result was a massive improvement on the UK s place at the bottom of the table last year, but her
HOPES of Newham - and British - glory in the Eurovision Song Contest were dashed when Plaistow's Jade Ewen finished in fifth place on Saturday night.
But the result was a massive improvement on the UK's place at the bottom of the table last year, but her efforts failed to secure enough points to compete with record-breaking winner Norway.
Andrew Lloyd Webber's involvement by co-writing the song helped achieve the best British finish since 2002.
Jade , 21, really did us proud and succeeded in reversing the UK's bad run of results in the 54th contest with It's My Time by Lord Lloyd-Webber and Diane Warren.
You may also want to watch:
This year, for the first time, phone votes from the public were combined with the votes of national juries to decide the marks.
Andrew Lloyd Webber paid tribute to Jade, who had enchanted everyone in Russia in the last two weeks building up to the show.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
He said: "She was brilliant. She gave a superb performance and I think tonight we have seen a true star born.