JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday. Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class
JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class A 52kg contest and now faces another Lynn fighter, Ryan Jackson, in the London finals at York Hall on Saturday.
He will be joined by clubmate Charlie Edwards who slammed a first-round success over Danson Youth rival Steve Ellis in their Class A 46kgs semi-final.
However, Newham's George Penney was eliminated in his Class A 54kgs meeting with Al Osman (Nemesis), after winning his qualifying contest with Steve Iqbal from Northolt.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Smith lost a decision against Miles Cousins (West Ham).
Newham BC have lined up a promising programme for their show at the East Ham Working Mens club on Friday night.
- 1 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 2 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 3 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 4 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 5 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 6 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 9 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 10 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
They parade a line-up of their own boxers against visiting club opposition with the doors opening at 7.30pm and entrance at the door �10, with �5 for concessions.