JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday. Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class
JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class A 52kg contest and now faces another Lynn fighter, Ryan Jackson, in the London finals at York Hall on Saturday.
He will be joined by clubmate Charlie Edwards who slammed a first-round success over Danson Youth rival Steve Ellis in their Class A 46kgs semi-final.
However, Newham's George Penney was eliminated in his Class A 54kgs meeting with Al Osman (Nemesis), after winning his qualifying contest with Steve Iqbal from Northolt.
Chris Smith lost a decision against Miles Cousins (West Ham).
Newham BC have lined up a promising programme for their show at the East Ham Working Mens club on Friday night.
- 1 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 2 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 3 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 4 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 5 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 6 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
They parade a line-up of their own boxers against visiting club opposition with the doors opening at 7.30pm and entrance at the door �10, with �5 for concessions.