JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday. Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class
JAKE HENDERSON spearheaded the Newham Boxing Club bid for honours in the London CYP Boys Club Finals when he outscored Lynn rival Charlie Milner at York Hall, Bethnal Green on Saturday.
Henderson showed his improvement with a bright display in their class A 52kg contest and now faces another Lynn fighter, Ryan Jackson, in the London finals at York Hall on Saturday.
He will be joined by clubmate Charlie Edwards who slammed a first-round success over Danson Youth rival Steve Ellis in their Class A 46kgs semi-final.
However, Newham's George Penney was eliminated in his Class A 54kgs meeting with Al Osman (Nemesis), after winning his qualifying contest with Steve Iqbal from Northolt.
Chris Smith lost a decision against Miles Cousins (West Ham).
Newham BC have lined up a promising programme for their show at the East Ham Working Mens club on Friday night.
- 1 Two 'child abduction' arrests after three-year-old girl reported missing
- 2 No injuries after car and van collide in Dagenham Heathway
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham man pressed groin against pregnant woman on Tube train
- 4 Census 2021 indicates baby boom in one east London borough
- 5 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham man in court over Zara Aleena murder
- 7 Vigil to be held this Saturday for 'pure of heart' Zara Aleena
- 8 Latest data shows Covid admissions rising again at east London hospitals
- 9 Travel bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham and Dagenham MP calls for delay to ULEZ expansion
They parade a line-up of their own boxers against visiting club opposition with the doors opening at 7.30pm and entrance at the door �10, with �5 for concessions.