Jane takes the spoils at Ilford
IT S been a busy week at the Ilford Golf Club. In the women s section, The Millenium Trophy, was won by Jane Atwell, finishing with a +2 score in the bogey format competition. Atwell beat Maura Gallagher to the spoils, who finished with a +1 score. The A
IT'S been a busy week at the Ilford Golf Club.
In the women's section, The Millenium Trophy, was won by Jane Atwell, finishing with a +2 score in the bogey format competition.
Atwell beat Maura Gallagher to the spoils, who finished with a +1 score. The Autumn Cup was won by Sofia Christiansen.
Scoring a nett 66, Christiansen prevailed in the medal competition by three shots from Sheila Fardell, who finished second with a nett 69.
The men's section played the October Monthly Medal and Jim Gallagher emerged victorious from Division One with a nett 60. Thomas Hobson claimed the Division 2 title with a nett 63.
WOODFORD Golf Club captain Mark Deeming lifted the Thompson Challenge Bowl.
- 1 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 2 Local makers market coming to Barking Riverside this Christmas
- 3 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 4 Residents without Covid jab should be challenged, senior councillor says
- 5 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 6 Covid-19: How Barking and Dagenham's figures compare to last year
- 7 Man facing 'lifelong consequences' of Barking traffic cone assault
- 8 Collision causes traffic delays on A13 near Canning Town
- 9 Man arrested, two taken to hospital after Dagenham crash
- 10 Mandatory jabs could deal 'big hit' to east London NHS staffing, says health boss
Deeming, who won the bogey competition played off three-quarters of handicap, was named the winner after a count back.
The club skipper edged the result over treasurer Mike Smith and Bill Tyzack in third place.
The week also saw the conclusion of the Stephenson Trophy, a fourball better-ball matchplay tournament. Mike Smith and Tom Slocombe triumphed over Mark Deeming and Stephen Bland in the final.