Jason hopes for a chance
ORIENT midfielder Jason Demetriou was hoping to get his first taste of World Cup action with Cypus tonight (Wednesday). The youngster travelled with the Cypriot team to Montenegro on Tuesday in a 21-man squad for their latest World Cup qualifier. Demetrio
ORIENT midfielder Jason Demetriou was hoping to get his first taste of World Cup action with Cypus tonight (Wednesday).
The youngster travelled with the Cypriot team to Montenegro on Tuesday in a 21-man squad for their latest World Cup qualifier.
Demetriou, who has been with Angelos Anastasiadis' side for the past week, was not involved in Saturday's 2-1 defeat by the Republic of Ireland, a result that ended their hopes of qualifying for next year's finals.
ALSO on international duty this week was on-loan winger Andros Townsend.
You may also want to watch:
He played for the first 45 minutes as England under-19s beat Russia 2-1 in a friendly at Shrewsbury Town on Tuesday night.
ORIENT have been drawn against League One rivals Brighton & Hove Albion in the second round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
- 1 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 2 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 3 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 4 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Road and rail round-up: Disruptions to travel in east London this week
- 7 Dagenham advance in FA Cup with two late goals at Wealdstone
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
The game will be played at Brisbane Road on Tuesday, October 6, and will kick-off at 7pm.
It's the second year in succession that the two clubs have met at this stage of the competition and O's will be looking for revenge, after they drew 2-2 at the Withdean a year ago, but went out of the competition on penalties.