Jason hopes for a chance
ORIENT midfielder Jason Demetriou was hoping to get his first taste of World Cup action with Cypus tonight (Wednesday). The youngster travelled with the Cypriot team to Montenegro on Tuesday in a 21-man squad for their latest World Cup qualifier. Demetrio
ORIENT midfielder Jason Demetriou was hoping to get his first taste of World Cup action with Cypus tonight (Wednesday).
The youngster travelled with the Cypriot team to Montenegro on Tuesday in a 21-man squad for their latest World Cup qualifier.
Demetriou, who has been with Angelos Anastasiadis' side for the past week, was not involved in Saturday's 2-1 defeat by the Republic of Ireland, a result that ended their hopes of qualifying for next year's finals.
ALSO on international duty this week was on-loan winger Andros Townsend.
He played for the first 45 minutes as England under-19s beat Russia 2-1 in a friendly at Shrewsbury Town on Tuesday night.
ORIENT have been drawn against League One rivals Brighton & Hove Albion in the second round of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
The game will be played at Brisbane Road on Tuesday, October 6, and will kick-off at 7pm.
It's the second year in succession that the two clubs have met at this stage of the competition and O's will be looking for revenge, after they drew 2-2 at the Withdean a year ago, but went out of the competition on penalties.