Joyrider hits a home in chase
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house. The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resi
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house.
The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resident's home - damaging the door and wall.
He was described by police as white, 17-20-years-old and wearing a tracksuit.
The passenger was about the same age and also wearing a tracksuit, both youngsters ran off in the direction of Fiddlers Way.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the car was speeding when it ploughed into the house and they believe one of the thieves suffered a bump on the head during the impact.
Sniffer dogs were brought to the crash site to help officers find the two boys just in case they needed medical treatment.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
However there was no trace of either the driver or the passenger.
The silver Vauxhall Corsa was taken from Barking last Monday (February 9) sometime before 5pm and was reported stolen.
It was crashed in Crow Lane between Dagenham and Romford just after 5pm.
A police spokeswoman said: "A silver Vauxhall Corsa which had been reported stolen from Barking, was being driven by a male.
"The vehicle crashed at speed into stationary vehicles and also a property in Crow Lane causing damage to the door and frontage of the premises."
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of these youths is asked to contact either Havering or Barking Police on 0300 123 12 12 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.