Joyrider hits a home in chase
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house. The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resi
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house.
The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resident's home - damaging the door and wall.
He was described by police as white, 17-20-years-old and wearing a tracksuit.
The passenger was about the same age and also wearing a tracksuit, both youngsters ran off in the direction of Fiddlers Way.
You may also want to watch:
Police say the car was speeding when it ploughed into the house and they believe one of the thieves suffered a bump on the head during the impact.
Sniffer dogs were brought to the crash site to help officers find the two boys just in case they needed medical treatment.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 5 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 6 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
However there was no trace of either the driver or the passenger.
The silver Vauxhall Corsa was taken from Barking last Monday (February 9) sometime before 5pm and was reported stolen.
It was crashed in Crow Lane between Dagenham and Romford just after 5pm.
A police spokeswoman said: "A silver Vauxhall Corsa which had been reported stolen from Barking, was being driven by a male.
"The vehicle crashed at speed into stationary vehicles and also a property in Crow Lane causing damage to the door and frontage of the premises."
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of these youths is asked to contact either Havering or Barking Police on 0300 123 12 12 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.