Joyrider hits a home in chase
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house. The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resi
A JOYRIDING teenager who was chased by police from Barking to Romford ended up crashing the stolen car into the front of a house.
The driver careered down Crow Lane, Dagenham, in the stolen Vauxhall Corsa bouncing off parked cars and smashing into a resident's home - damaging the door and wall.
He was described by police as white, 17-20-years-old and wearing a tracksuit.
The passenger was about the same age and also wearing a tracksuit, both youngsters ran off in the direction of Fiddlers Way.
Police say the car was speeding when it ploughed into the house and they believe one of the thieves suffered a bump on the head during the impact.
Sniffer dogs were brought to the crash site to help officers find the two boys just in case they needed medical treatment.
- 1 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 2 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 3 Family of woman who died after surgery in Turkey 'to pursue legal action' in search for truth
- 4 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Community comes together in photo shoot for new film studio
- 7 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 9 Dagenham woman first UK patient to receive bionic eye implant
- 10 More headliners announced for We Are FSTVL 2022
However there was no trace of either the driver or the passenger.
The silver Vauxhall Corsa was taken from Barking last Monday (February 9) sometime before 5pm and was reported stolen.
It was crashed in Crow Lane between Dagenham and Romford just after 5pm.
A police spokeswoman said: "A silver Vauxhall Corsa which had been reported stolen from Barking, was being driven by a male.
"The vehicle crashed at speed into stationary vehicles and also a property in Crow Lane causing damage to the door and frontage of the premises."
Anyone with any information regarding the identity of these youths is asked to contact either Havering or Barking Police on 0300 123 12 12 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.