Just what the doctor ordered for our toy appeal
STAFF AT doctors surgery really did their bit for the campaign when they handed over some of the final gifts on Christmas Eve.The staff raised almost �400 for the appeal, and also presented Links with a selection of toys, which were rapidly transp
STAFF AT doctors' surgery really did their bit for the campaign when they handed over some of the final gifts on Christmas Eve.
The staff raised almost �400 for the appeal, and also presented Links with a selection of toys, which were rapidly transported to deserving cases.
Custom House Teaching and Training Practice in Freemasons Road, Canning Town, supported the Links and Recorder appeal last year and again did brilliantly.
Patient Liaison Manager Glynis Webb said the money was raised by the staff staging non-uniform days every month for a year. This week they wore pyjamas to work.
You may also want to watch:
Links spokesman Kevin Jenkins said: "It was a simply superb effort."
Shortly after their donations came �20 from Ms Nielson and we would also like to thank Tate & Lyle in Silvertown, who presened toys and a collection of �275.
- 1 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 2 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 'Not a matter of shifting blame': Port victim's family receives another apology from detectives on case
- 5 Stephen Port inquests: Police failed to flag up 'significant' incident
- 6 Barking and Dagenham girls' district suffer heavy defeat to Chelmsford
- 7 'Life is hard, why make it harder?': Protesters call for new consultation over parking scheme roll out
- 8 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock