Kaneria back for Essex
PAKISTAN leg spinner Danish Kaneria will be available for the LV County Championship clash with Kent starting on Wednesday. The 28-year-old has missed the opening weeks of the season after delays with his passport, but the formalities have now been comple
PAKISTAN leg spinner Danish Kaneria will be available for the LV County Championship clash with Kent starting on Wednesday, writes MIKE SIMMONDS.
The 28-year-old has missed the opening weeks of the season after delays with his passport, but the formalities have now been completed and Kaneria will arrive in the UK tomorrow.
His selection will be a massive boost to the side, and the enthusiastic spinner, said: "I am really looking forward to coming over to England and specifically to Chelmsford.
"Now we are under way I am really excited about the season in prospect.
You may also want to watch:
"2008 was a fantastic year for Essex cricket and 2009 promises just as much excitement.
"The Essex fans are very kind and welcoming to me and my family. Essex has enjoyed a good start to the season and I am keen to get back with the squad.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 6 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 7 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 8 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
"I just want to get out and play cricket for Essex - we have a number of games coming up in the next few weeks so the fans certainly have a lot to look forward to."
Captain, Mark Pettini, added: "We are thrilled that Danish will be joining us for another season. He is a fantastic player and a great addition to the team. We very much look forward to welcoming him back."
How important is the return of Danish Kaneria for Essex? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with your views