Keep the cold at bay with this hot and tasty soup dish
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what s needed on a cold night. POTATO AND LEEK SOUP Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes Serves 4 Cost �1.90 1 tbsp oil 500g potatoes, diced 500g lee
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what's needed on a cold night.
POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 2 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 3 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 6 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 7 'I am really humbled': New Bishop of Barking appointed
- 8 East London man charged with six terrorism offences
- 9 ‘For the love of animals’: Group which reunites lost pets with their owners fundraises for specialist equipment
- 10 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
1 tbsp oil
500g potatoes, diced
500g leeks, washed and sliced
700ml chicken or vegetable stock
300ml semi skimmed milk
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the potatoes and leeks - diced and sliced if preferred - for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the milk and bring back to the boil. Pur�e with a hand blender or in a food processor. Season to taste.
Fort more recipes visit: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk