Keep the cold at bay with this hot and tasty soup dish
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what s needed on a cold night. POTATO AND LEEK SOUP Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes Serves 4 Cost �1.90 1 tbsp oil 500g potatoes, diced 500g lee
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what's needed on a cold night.
POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
You may also want to watch:
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 4 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 10 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
1 tbsp oil
500g potatoes, diced
500g leeks, washed and sliced
700ml chicken or vegetable stock
300ml semi skimmed milk
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the potatoes and leeks - diced and sliced if preferred - for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the milk and bring back to the boil. Pur�e with a hand blender or in a food processor. Season to taste.
Fort more recipes visit: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk