Keep the cold at bay with this hot and tasty soup dish
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what s needed on a cold night. POTATO AND LEEK SOUP Preparation time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15-20 minutes Serves 4 Cost �1.90 1 tbsp oil 500g potatoes, diced 500g lee
Here we have something quick and nourishing from the Love Potatoes recipe book. Just what's needed on a cold night.
POTATO AND LEEK SOUP
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 Dagenham man fined within hours of fly-tipping at bus stop
- 2 Dagenham man jailed for 12 years for punching to death Marius Lakavicius
- 3 Girl, 17, held on suspicion of terrorism offences after east London arrest
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Police appeal after intruder reportedly enters Barking home and threatens woman with knife
- 6 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 7 Zouma brothers to face the courts amid animal abuse allegations
- 8 'Beautiful skin and incredible smile': What happened when the Queen visited a Dagenham school
- 9 70 firefighters tackle Dagenham house fire
- 10 Dagenham and West Ham accused in court after drugs raids
1 tbsp oil
500g potatoes, diced
500g leeks, washed and sliced
700ml chicken or vegetable stock
300ml semi skimmed milk
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the potatoes and leeks - diced and sliced if preferred - for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the stock and bring to the boil. Simmer covered for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the milk and bring back to the boil. Pur�e with a hand blender or in a food processor. Season to taste.
Fort more recipes visit: www.britishpotatoes.co.uk