King Cole nets a last-minute winner
Bowers & Pitsea 1 London APSA 2 DEFENDER Cole was the hero as his 90th minute header won the game for APSA at Bowers on Saturday. Not only was it APSA s first league victory away from home this season, it was also their first goal on their travels, again
Bowers & Pitsea 1 London APSA 2
DEFENDER Cole was the hero as his 90th minute header won the game for APSA at Bowers on Saturday.
Not only was it APSA's first league victory away from home this season, it was also their first goal on their travels, against a tough Bowers side.
The visitors started the match well as Jamie Langton found Stuart Houghton who cut inside and sent in a pinpoint cross that Gregory Akpele just failed to convert.
You may also want to watch:
Midway through the first half, Bowers almost took the lead, as the ball was floated over from the left for the in-form Gillam to have a point-blank effort saved by Dan Higley in the ASPA goal.
A scrappy first half came to an end and the teams emerged for the second half with more vigour and purpose.
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Mo Dakri was moved into a wide position and began causing problems with his pace, while Langton shot inches over the bar.
The breakthrough finally came in the 78th minute as the dangerous Daki sent a ball into the far post where Houghton was on hand to clip the ball over the advancing keeper.
Bowers showed their resilience and equalised straight away as Mustapha conceded a free-kick on the edge of the area, which Allen stepped up to dispatch and bring the scores level.
APSA continued to attack and won a corner in the 90th minute.
Houghton swung the cross in and debutant Cole rose highest to head the winner.
Bowers afternoon was compounded further, as Gillam was sent off.