Last Chance Harvey (12A)
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it s never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A). New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer. Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliv
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it's never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A).
New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer.
Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliver, Harvey goes to London for a weekend to attend his daughter's wedding but promises to be back on Monday morning to make an important meeting - or else.
But when he arrives in England, he discovers his daughter has chosen to have her stepfather walk her down the aisle.
You may also want to watch:
Harvey heads back to the airport, where he strikes up a conversation with Kate, a sensitive, 40-something whose life is limited to work, the occasional humiliating blind date and endless phone calls from her smothering mother.
The growing connection between the pair inspires both as they unexpectedly transform one another's lives.
- 1 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
- 2 Topping out milestone for Barking tower block development
- 3 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 4 Budding entrepreneur from Dagenham wins business pitch competition
- 5 Council warns residents after reports of rogue traders in Dagenham
- 6 Fairlop woman ordered to pay £1k over Dagenham cigarette littering
- 7 Barking MP joins schoolchildren for managing money lesson
- 8 Steve Allen: 'Oxford students should vote on Magdalen pronunciation instead'
- 9 Dagenham set to announce retained list with three already departing
- 10 Barking sign former Leyton Orient duo Elliott Omozusi and Charlie MacDonald
Thompson and Hoffman previously worked together on Stranger Than Fiction.
Writer/director Joel Hopkins says he wrote the role of Kate especially for Thompson.