Last Chance Harvey (12A)
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it s never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A). New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer. Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliv
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it's never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A).
New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer.
Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliver, Harvey goes to London for a weekend to attend his daughter's wedding but promises to be back on Monday morning to make an important meeting - or else.
But when he arrives in England, he discovers his daughter has chosen to have her stepfather walk her down the aisle.
Harvey heads back to the airport, where he strikes up a conversation with Kate, a sensitive, 40-something whose life is limited to work, the occasional humiliating blind date and endless phone calls from her smothering mother.
The growing connection between the pair inspires both as they unexpectedly transform one another's lives.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 3 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 4 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Energy price cap rise could push 'thousands of local people' into fuel poverty, MP claims
- 7 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 8 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
- 9 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 10 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
Thompson and Hoffman previously worked together on Stranger Than Fiction.
Writer/director Joel Hopkins says he wrote the role of Kate especially for Thompson.