Last Chance Harvey (12A)
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it s never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A). New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer. Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliv
DUSTIN Hoffman and Emma Thompson prove it's never too late for romance in comedy LAST CHANCE HARVEY (12A).
New Yorker Harvey Shine is on the verge of losing his dead-end job as a jingle writer.
Warned by his boss that he has just one more chance to deliver, Harvey goes to London for a weekend to attend his daughter's wedding but promises to be back on Monday morning to make an important meeting - or else.
But when he arrives in England, he discovers his daughter has chosen to have her stepfather walk her down the aisle.
You may also want to watch:
Harvey heads back to the airport, where he strikes up a conversation with Kate, a sensitive, 40-something whose life is limited to work, the occasional humiliating blind date and endless phone calls from her smothering mother.
The growing connection between the pair inspires both as they unexpectedly transform one another's lives.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 3 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 4 Former council offices to be transformed into 'workspace and cultural hub'
- 5 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 6 Timeline: Who was Stephen Port and when were his murders uncovered?
- 7 Barking butcher 'thankful' for loyal customers through pandemic
- 8 Dagenham school receives Unicef UK award
- 9 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 10 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
Thompson and Hoffman previously worked together on Stranger Than Fiction.
Writer/director Joel Hopkins says he wrote the role of Kate especially for Thompson.