Lastuvka’s off as bankers prepare to move in
WEST HAM are set to move into a new era with chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson set to be removed from his position as early as this week. The club is set to be taken over by the debt-ridden businessman s creditors, with Icelandic bank Straumur in talks to p
WEST HAM are set to move into a new era with chairman Bjorgolfur Gudmundsson set to be removed from his position as early as this week.
The club is set to be taken over by the debt-ridden businessman's creditors, with Icelandic bank Straumur in talks to put their men in charge of the Premier League outfit.
The deal should bring a period of stability to Upton Park, but with no new buyers in the offing because of the credit crunch, West Ham are likely to need to sell players if they want to bring some in.
Manager Gianfranco Zola suggested on Sunday that he had not made any decisions about the futures of some of his players, but it now seems that his plans are beginning to be put into place.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Bowyer, Kyel Reid, Walter Lopez and almost certainly Calum Davenport are set to leave.
Goalkeeper Jan Last-uvka has already revealed that West Ham are not prepared to shell out in the region of �2.6million to sign him from Shakhtar Donetsk.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 4 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 5 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 8 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 10 Barking add forward Georgie Fairhead as assistant Adam Flemming departs
He said: "Zola said that he would have liked to have me in his squad next season, but the club cannot afford to pay me so much.
"I will not comment on the fee, but it is very high considering I basically didn't play all year."
It seems that Zola may be all sweetness and light on the surface, but behind the scenes, he can be ruthless.
Expect more to come, with the futures of Diego Tristan and David Di Michele to be decided shortly.