Laurence and Jake cruise in
LAURENCE GOODACRE and Jake Nelson put in tremendous performances for Havering Mayesbrook, claiming three victories each at the Eastern Young Athletes League meeting. The youngsters finished second in St Albans on Sunday as Goodacre claimed victory in sho
LAURENCE GOODACRE and Jake Nelson put in tremendous performances for Havering Mayesbrook, claiming three victories each at the Eastern Young Athletes' League meeting.
The youngsters finished second in St Albans on Sunday as Goodacre claimed victory in shot, discus (PB) and javelin, while Nelson achieved PBs in winning the hurdles, high jump and B javelin.
Jordan Brown was victorious in both 100m and B high jump and Terry Hughes added an A string 100m win. Jamie Buckley-Stanton was edged out of a 1,500m victory but gained a PB as did Joseph Waked, who won the B string. Jon Seekings (hurdles) and Glen Wileman (shot) added B string maximum points.
The under-13 boys were just as impressive with 15 individual wins out of 18 possible plus a relay success. Alex Law again improved the club discus record and added 100m and hurdles wins, while Jordan Fox added a trio of wins in 100m, long jump and B discus.
You may also want to watch:
Freddy Keefe's 1,500m winning PB took him to the top of the UK age group rankings and into the club all-time top 10 at number seven. He also won the 200m A and B shot, while newcomer Nathan Jackson won the A shot.
Chris Gell won both hurdles and long jump B strings and another debutant, Alexander Hewitt, had a winning start with 200m B race success.
- 1 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 3 Ho-ho-ho! Bingo hall gets visit from Santa for 'Junemas'
- 4 Dog strips bark off trees in 'terrible act of vandalism' at park in Dagenham
- 5 Dagenham man banned from keeping animals after starved pony found collapsed
- 6 Air ambulance scrambled after man 'taken ill' in Barking Park
- 7 Average house price in Barking and Dagenham falls from record high
- 8 Barking sex offender who pushed crotch into girl, 15, on Tube sentenced
- 9 Hospice sister on supporting patients with 'lifeline' video calls
- 10 Barking gurdwara 'thrills' after modern and traditional rebuild
Not surprisingly, the relay team of Keefe, Fox, Law and Gell were winners. Ryan O'Mahoney (800m) and the 1,500m pair of Tom Davies and Nick Duffey also notched PBs, as did Lee Jarrold in the high jump.
In the under-15 boys, the highlight was Danny Wilson's discus win with 36.44m the fourth best ever by a club under-15. He also won the B javelin and was hurdles runner-up. Tyler Bennett won the B javelin.
Katherine Knight starred for the under-17 women, throwing beyond 30m in the discus for the first time, placing second, while Shelley Wilson was the B string winner. For the under-13 girls, Georgie Taylor won the discus and shot.