Leap Year (PG)
AMY Adams stars in quirky Irish love story, LEAP YEAR (PG) as a young woman who has an elaborate scheme to propose to her boyfriend on February 29. However, she faces a major setback when bad weather threatens to derail her planned trip to Dublin. With
AMY Adams stars in quirky Irish love story, LEAP YEAR (PG) as a young woman who has an elaborate scheme to propose to her boyfriend on February 29.
However, she faces a major setback when bad weather threatens to derail her planned trip to Dublin.
With the help of an innkeeper, however, her cross-country odyssey just might result in her getting engaged.
Screenwriters Deborah Kaplan and Harry Elfont have been working on comedies together for a decade.
Kaplan says: "I was on a news website, and it was actually February 29th. There was a headline that read Women in Ireland Propose on Leap Year Day, and I said to Harry, 'Does this sound like a movie or what?'
"We dropped what we were working on, and within two weeks we had the outline of the story."
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Producer Chris Bender says: "Amy is undeniably likable. There's an innocence in her eyes, no matter what she does.
"Her character begins the journey as hard-edged and aggressive, yet a woman living in a bubble.
"Still, you really empathise and care about her, while enjoying watching her literally get knocked down a few pegs as she travels through Ireland with Declan (Matthew Goode).