Let's glory in park life
THE STATE of some of our parks has been the subject of much debate over the past few months and rightly so. Rev Jonathan Evens wrote in our letters page last week of his desire for the council to improve Seven Kings Park, which he said needs basic improve
THE STATE of some of our parks has been the subject of much debate over the past few months and rightly so.
Rev Jonathan Evens wrote in our letters page last week of his desire for the council to improve Seven Kings Park, which he said needs basic improvements.
A stroll in the park at lunchtime supports his claim - but it also revealed how well used it is by all sections of the community.
Granted, this week has finally seen the return of summer, but the park, off Aldborough Road South, was teeming.
You may also want to watch:
And youngsters were making the most of the few weeks they have left of their holidays.
Teens were playing tennis on the rather delapidated courts, others were enjoying football kick-abouts and cricket matches.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 Staff to strike at primary school in Dagenham
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 5 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 6 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 7 TfL admits wrongly charging supercar driver almost £1k in emission fees
- 8 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 9 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 10 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
There were couples canoodling on benches, joggers braving the midday sun and the inevitable dog walkers.
The park is a little like a old worn slipper - it seems to fit well, but is a little frayed around the edges.
And it is isn't the only green gem, there are nearly a dozen more in Redbridge to enjoy.
Let's glory in the green spaces in the borough and maybe the council will dish out some TLC to help.