Let youngsters know what's on
Reading your article Boris fires up Olympic shooting bid – Oct 7 – I am glad to hear of possible job creation and local excitement that our borough might receive. However, last week I spoke in the education and sports debate in Manchester regarding the
Reading your article "Boris fires up Olympic shooting bid" - Oct 7 - I am glad to hear of possible job creation and local excitement that our borough might receive.
However, last week I spoke in the education and sports debate in Manchester regarding the need to improve access for young people in our community.
The sign-posting for those who want to get involved in sport needs improving. Too often I hear people say "there is nothing to do", yet our community has a vast array of activities, whether voluntary, club or council driven, that young people just don't know are happening.
Surely in the age of the internet, we should be having far better access and encouragement so that we have a true lasting Olympic legacy.
You may also want to watch:
Conservative Prospective MP
- 1 16-year-old boy stabbed in Dagenham
- 2 Arrest after girl, 14, found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Company fined £3k after supermarket in Dagenham sold booze to minor
- 4 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 5 Primary pupils share Black History Month learning with mayor
- 6 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 7 Barking and Dagenham to develop planning app in new digital tools pilot
- 8 Road and rail disruptions to expect in east London this week
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Urgent call for volunteer stewards at booster jab sites
Salisbury Road, Dagenha