Let youngsters know what's on
Reading your article Boris fires up Olympic shooting bid – Oct 7 – I am glad to hear of possible job creation and local excitement that our borough might receive. However, last week I spoke in the education and sports debate in Manchester regarding the
Reading your article "Boris fires up Olympic shooting bid" - Oct 7 - I am glad to hear of possible job creation and local excitement that our borough might receive.
However, last week I spoke in the education and sports debate in Manchester regarding the need to improve access for young people in our community.
The sign-posting for those who want to get involved in sport needs improving. Too often I hear people say "there is nothing to do", yet our community has a vast array of activities, whether voluntary, club or council driven, that young people just don't know are happening.
Surely in the age of the internet, we should be having far better access and encouragement so that we have a true lasting Olympic legacy.
Conservative Prospective MP
- 1 Man in 50s in hospital after Dagenham stabbing
- 2 Barking and Dagenham A Level results 2022: Live updates for borough's schools
- 3 Murder charge after man, 60, found fatally injured in Dagenham
- 4 Local 18-year-old filmmaker gears up for ‘ambitious’ first feature-length film
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 7 Bleed kit in memory of doorman Ricky Hayden installed outside nightclub
- 8 Gun shots fired in Dagenham
- 9 Summer of Festivals Weekender draws thousands to Parsloes Park
- 10 Illegal Dagenham puppy farm owners sentenced
Salisbury Road, Dagenha