Dagenham dancer in documentary about impact of Covid on performing arts
- Credit: Abundant Art
A Dagenham dancer stars in a new documentary which explores the impact the Covid pandemic has had on the performing arts.
The documentary, titled Moving Forward, Looking Back #2020, follows three dancers as they navigate the succession of lockdowns and the sudden shutdown of their working lives.
Each are at a different stage of their professional development and each experienced that development grind to a halt during the pandemic.
One of the dancers is Dagenham man Lewis Sharp, who will be continuing his Master of Fine Arts in Dance Performance from September from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Lewis is part of Barking organisation Studio 3 Arts' Groundbreakers Leadership programme.
You may also want to watch:
The documentary, by arts association and independent film makers Abundant Art, is made up of footage taken by the dancers themselves.
Visit www.abundantart.net/project/moving-forward-looking-back-2020/ for more information and to watch.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 7 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 10 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge