Dagenham dancer in documentary about impact of Covid on performing arts
- Credit: Abundant Art
A Dagenham dancer stars in a new documentary which explores the impact the Covid pandemic has had on the performing arts.
The documentary, titled Moving Forward, Looking Back #2020, follows three dancers as they navigate the succession of lockdowns and the sudden shutdown of their working lives.
Each are at a different stage of their professional development and each experienced that development grind to a halt during the pandemic.
One of the dancers is Dagenham man Lewis Sharp, who will be continuing his Master of Fine Arts in Dance Performance from September from Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Lewis is part of Barking organisation Studio 3 Arts' Groundbreakers Leadership programme.
You may also want to watch:
The documentary, by arts association and independent film makers Abundant Art, is made up of footage taken by the dancers themselves.
Visit www.abundantart.net/project/moving-forward-looking-back-2020/ for more information and to watch.
- 1 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 2 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 3 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 4 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Tossed cigarette costs Dagenham man more than £600
- 6 Man who controlled Ipswich drug line jailed for five years
- 7 Barking and Dagenham rallies to give friends a prom night to remember
- 8 Appeal after man allegedly 'spits at' woman travelling through Whitechapel, West Ham and Barking
- 9 Dagenham MP seeks views on CPZs after 'hundreds raise concerns'
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend