Lions outclassed at home
ESSEX ONE Millwall 7 Campion 52 MILLWALL suffered a comprehensive defeat against league leaders Campion on Saturday, conceding more than 50 points. Starved of possession, the Isle of Dogs side were unable to gain a foothold in the match and spent almost t
Millwall 7 Campion 52
MILLWALL suffered a comprehensive defeat against league leaders Campion on Saturday, conceding more than 50 points.
Starved of possession, the Isle of Dogs side were unable to gain a foothold in the match and spent almost the entire 80 minutes of the Essex Division One fixture on the back foot.
You may also want to watch:
Millwall were dealt another blow following the final whistle with the news that number eight Steve Fleming had suffered a fractured eye socket in a sickening collision just five minutes into the game.
Slack tackling in broken play at the start of the match allowed the well-drilled Campion forwards to run riot and open up their tally with three unanswered tries within the first 20 minutes.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
The home side did try to fight back though as a sublime chip by fly-half Dom Sutherland foiled the Campion defenders.
The ball was gathered by the advancing Millwall backs and fed to winger Carl Burnett for the home side's only score of the day.
For the 20 minutes either side of half time neither side could score, but Campion's superior fitness eventually showed.
As Millwall tired, the visitors picked a series of holes in the line and closed the game out with a flurry of easy tries.