Axe falls on third library in Barking and Dagenham
Barking and Dagenham Council has confirmed it is to close another library.
Castle Green Library, inside Jo Richardson Secondary School, Gale Street, Dagenham, is to shut its doors next March under austerity plans.
The Labour council has already decided to shut Markyate Library, Markyate Road, Dagenham, on September 30.
Wantz Library, Rainham Road North, Dagenham, closed in March.
The council said the four Castle Green Library employees would not be made redundant.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “Funding cuts from the coalition government has meant that we needed to make significant budget savings.”
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 4 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 7 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 10 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham