Axe falls on third library in Barking and Dagenham
Barking and Dagenham Council has confirmed it is to close another library.
Castle Green Library, inside Jo Richardson Secondary School, Gale Street, Dagenham, is to shut its doors next March under austerity plans.
The Labour council has already decided to shut Markyate Library, Markyate Road, Dagenham, on September 30.
Wantz Library, Rainham Road North, Dagenham, closed in March.
The council said the four Castle Green Library employees would not be made redundant.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “Funding cuts from the coalition government has meant that we needed to make significant budget savings.”
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils