Axe falls on third library in Barking and Dagenham
Barking and Dagenham Council has confirmed it is to close another library.
Castle Green Library, inside Jo Richardson Secondary School, Gale Street, Dagenham, is to shut its doors next March under austerity plans.
The Labour council has already decided to shut Markyate Library, Markyate Road, Dagenham, on September 30.
Wantz Library, Rainham Road North, Dagenham, closed in March.
The council said the four Castle Green Library employees would not be made redundant.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “Funding cuts from the coalition government has meant that we needed to make significant budget savings.”
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 3 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 4 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 5 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 6 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings
- 7 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 8 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 9 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 10 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford