Barking and Dagenham councillor John White dies
- Credit: Archant
Barking town hall is flying its flag at half mast as a mark of respect to long serving councillor John White, who passed away on Friday.
Mr White was a councillor who represented Whalebone ward since 2006. He had previously served as the borough’s cabinet member for children’s services and cabinet member for school improvement.
Leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, Darren Rodwell, paid tribute to the councillor.
He said: “John worked tirelessly for the residents of Whalebone ward and he will surely be missed.
“Our thoughts are with John’s family at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr White was a “champion of all things education” according to a council spokesman and he worked hard to ensure that the Chadwell Heath Community Centre, formerly the Robert Jeyes Library, is now a resource for the whole community.
Funeral arrangements will be announced when details are available.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street