Barking and Dagenham councillor John White dies
- Credit: Archant
Barking town hall is flying its flag at half mast as a mark of respect to long serving councillor John White, who passed away on Friday.
Mr White was a councillor who represented Whalebone ward since 2006. He had previously served as the borough’s cabinet member for children’s services and cabinet member for school improvement.
Leader of Barking and Dagenham Council, Darren Rodwell, paid tribute to the councillor.
He said: “John worked tirelessly for the residents of Whalebone ward and he will surely be missed.
“Our thoughts are with John’s family at this difficult time.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr White was a “champion of all things education” according to a council spokesman and he worked hard to ensure that the Chadwell Heath Community Centre, formerly the Robert Jeyes Library, is now a resource for the whole community.
Funeral arrangements will be announced when details are available.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad