Barking councillor to meet the Queen
Barking councillor Darren Rodwell, 41 has been invited to the Queen’s garden party in recognition of his community work.
It was also the 41-year-old’s commitment to serving the borough that managed to land him the once in a lifetime invite to Buckingham Palace on July 19.
Cllr Rodwell told the Post that he feels it’s a massive achievement and honour to be asked to go and is ecstatic but extremely nervous about the big day.
The Alibon ward councillor, who lives in Reede Road, said: “I was overjoyed when I got the call from my wife who had opened the letter. I told everyone in work and all my family”
When asked what he was going to say to the Queen, he said: “I’ll probably be to stage struck to even talk, and I haven’t really thought that far ahead yet ”
You may also want to watch:
Darren’s wife will be his plus one and will accompany on the special trip and they both look forward to potentially meeting members of the royal family.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Watchdog upholds 90pc of complaints against council, figures show
- 3 New developments approved in Barking and Dagenham so far this year
- 4 Dagenham mum vows more acts of crochet kindness despite missing postbox toppers
- 5 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 6 Dagenham pastry chef wins patisserie award
- 7 Dagenham author pens novel to mark centenary of Becontree Estate
- 8 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 9 Barking and Dagenham and Redbridge 'least active' boroughs in London, study finds
- 10 Barking father's car stolen from driveway