Barking councillor to meet the Queen
Barking councillor Darren Rodwell, 41 has been invited to the Queen’s garden party in recognition of his community work.
It was also the 41-year-old’s commitment to serving the borough that managed to land him the once in a lifetime invite to Buckingham Palace on July 19.
Cllr Rodwell told the Post that he feels it’s a massive achievement and honour to be asked to go and is ecstatic but extremely nervous about the big day.
The Alibon ward councillor, who lives in Reede Road, said: “I was overjoyed when I got the call from my wife who had opened the letter. I told everyone in work and all my family”
When asked what he was going to say to the Queen, he said: “I’ll probably be to stage struck to even talk, and I haven’t really thought that far ahead yet ”
You may also want to watch:
Darren’s wife will be his plus one and will accompany on the special trip and they both look forward to potentially meeting members of the royal family.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 6 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 8 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 9 'Singling out developers to sort out the cladding scandal'
- 10 Column: Pride and trust continues to grow in Dagenham squad