Brexit discussion to take place in Barking
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Are you a Brexiteer who wishes we’d left the EU already or a remainer keen to see a second referendum?
Whatever side of the Brexit debate you're on, there's a chance to air your views at a People's Voice discussion in Barking.
The free event, taking place at Barking Learning Centre on Monday, July 1, will bring together people from across the political spectrum for an open discussion on the frustrations around Brexit.
It has been organised by campaigners for a People's Vote but will tackle issues that matter to everyone, regardless of political views.
Barking MP Dame Margaret Hodge said: "It has been three long and divisive years since the Brexit vote. In all that time there has been tragically little progress towards fixing the great challenges and inequalities that plague this country.
You may also want to watch:
"Three years of banging on about Brexit has done nothing for our schools, our NHS or the businesses that power our economy, and it's got us no nearer to solving issues like immigration and integration."
To register for the event, which begins at 6pm, visit eventbrite.co.uk/e/peoples-voice-barking-tickets-63878021883
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 10 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week