Consultations announced ahead of Central Park redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
Two consultations into the redevelopment of Central Park are set to go ahead.
The scheme, which is set to generate income of up to £1.1 million for the borough, was approved in principle by cabinet members on Tuesday, October 16.
It now needs to get the nod from the Environment Agency, as well as planning permission, before it can go ahead.
The two consultations will provide people living in the area to raise any concerns around potential disruption caused by the construction process.
The park is set to feature an adventure play track, a BMX track for toddlers and investment in the clubhouse at Dagenham Rugby Club, as well as new paths, flowers and grass areas as part of the park’s overall redevelopment.
You may also want to watch:
The consultations will take place at CU London, Dagenham, on Thursday November 8 between 6.30pm and 8.30pm and on Saturday, November 10 between 1pm and 3pm.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 8 Liam Gordon ruled out for the season as Dagenham boss McMahon provides injury update
- 9 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 10 Men found with head injuries in Barking bailed by police