Chance to have your say over proposed Barking and Dagenham cuts
- Credit: Archant
A public consultation is under way to allow people to share their views on council budget cuts.
The Town Hall says more than £53m of savings are needed due to a reduction in government funding, a growing population and an increased demand on services.
Five council select committees are considering all the saving proposals but the public can also give their views at meetings being held across the borough.
These include consultations at Barking Learning Centre at 7pm on Monday, Becontree Heath Leisure Centre at 1.30pm on Tuesday and Ripple Hall, Barking at 12.30pm on November 10.
The leader of the council, Cllr Darren Rodwell, said: “I want to encourage residents to share their views and I welcome their questions and suggestions.
“The choices we have to make are not going to be easy, but they have to be made and so I urge people to come along and help shape the outcome by giving us their views on what is being proposed.”
Cllr Dominic Twomey, deputy leader and cabinet member for finance, added: “It’s important to us residents are fully aware of the scale of the cuts we are facing, and the tough choices we need to make in order to set next year’s budget.”
- 1 Dagenham pub to host inaugural local Christmas fair
- 2 Barking Market extended to 'ease antisocial behaviour'
- 3 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 4 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 5 Tributes to former Hornchurch, Dagenham, Wealdstone and Hendon forward Marvin Morgan
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 8 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 9 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 10 Dagenham landlord fined for unlawful eviction after secretly changing locks
More information can be found by visiting lbbd.gov.uk/budget or email email@example.com