Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas pays tribute to Holocaust victims and survivors
- Credit: Office of Jon Cruddas
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas has paid tribute to the Holocaust survivors who share their stories with the next generation.
He spoke out ahead of Saturday’s Holocaust Memorial Day, and also signed the Holocaust Educational Trust’s book of commitment, which pledges to remember and honour those killed by the Nazis during the Second World War.
Mr Cruddas said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is an important opportunity for people across the country to reflect on the tragic events.
“As the Holocaust moves from living history, to just history, it becomes ever more important that we take the time to remember the victims and also pay tribute to the survivors.
“I would encourage my constituents to show their support for such an important day.”
You may also want to watch:
Holocaust Memorial Day is held annually on January 27, the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay