Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas pays tribute to Holocaust victims and survivors
- Credit: Office of Jon Cruddas
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas has paid tribute to the Holocaust survivors who share their stories with the next generation.
He spoke out ahead of Saturday’s Holocaust Memorial Day, and also signed the Holocaust Educational Trust’s book of commitment, which pledges to remember and honour those killed by the Nazis during the Second World War.
Mr Cruddas said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is an important opportunity for people across the country to reflect on the tragic events.
“As the Holocaust moves from living history, to just history, it becomes ever more important that we take the time to remember the victims and also pay tribute to the survivors.
“I would encourage my constituents to show their support for such an important day.”
You may also want to watch:
Holocaust Memorial Day is held annually on January 27, the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 6 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 7 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 8 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 9 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment