Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas pays tribute to Holocaust victims and survivors
- Credit: Office of Jon Cruddas
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas has paid tribute to the Holocaust survivors who share their stories with the next generation.
He spoke out ahead of Saturday’s Holocaust Memorial Day, and also signed the Holocaust Educational Trust’s book of commitment, which pledges to remember and honour those killed by the Nazis during the Second World War.
Mr Cruddas said: “Holocaust Memorial Day is an important opportunity for people across the country to reflect on the tragic events.
“As the Holocaust moves from living history, to just history, it becomes ever more important that we take the time to remember the victims and also pay tribute to the survivors.
“I would encourage my constituents to show their support for such an important day.”
You may also want to watch:
Holocaust Memorial Day is held annually on January 27, the anniversary of the liberation of Auschwitz-Birkenau.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 8 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 9 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils