Dagenham’s Got Talent
A 12 year-old pianist who performed at a Paralympic closing ceremony party was crowned one of the winners of a Britain’s Got Talent type contest at the weekend.
Ishita Saxena scooped the junior prize of Dagenham’s Got Talent with a rendition of Adele’s Turning Tables, while choir singer Ugo Isodu, 36, won in the senior category at Dagenham Library.
Barking and Dagenham performers battled it out in heats before taking part in the final at the Heathway library on Saturday.
Ishita attended Northbury Junior School in Barking but moved to Essex with her family last month as she goes to Colchester County High School for Girls.
She has performed extensively in Barking and Dagenham including the Bandstand Marathon in Barking Park to mark the closure of the Paralympics in September.
You may also want to watch:
Her proud mum Priya, 38, said: “It was fantastic. She wasn’t nervous. She has a confident voice and lovely vocals.
“I enjoyed it and the judges loved it. I’m absolutely thrilled.”
- 1 Election 2021: Live updates for GLA seat and Thames by-election
- 2 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 3 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 'Woke rubbish': Losing candidate on stir over 'unspellable' names comment
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Jailed: Man whose drunken knife attack left one dead and woman injured at Dagenham dinner party
- 8 Meet the candidates battling for votes in the Thames ward by-election
- 9 Barking shisha bar was wrongly shut down for Covid breaches, owner claims
- 10 Guilty: 'Depraved' rapist who targeted and robbed lone women at night
Acrobat Charlotte Sherwin, five, was runner-up in the junior competition while singer Kendall Mackie, 16, came second in the senior category.