General election 2015: Barking and Dagenham results in full
- Credit: Archant
The people have spoken in Barking and Dagenham’s two constituencies and the results are now in.
There was a turnout of 58.36 per cent in Barking and 62.43pc in Dagenham and Rainham.
Here are the results in full:
Margaret Hodge (Lab) – 24,826 57.7pc
You may also want to watch:
Roger Gravett (Ukip) – 9,554 22.2pc
Mina Rahman (Con) – 7,019 16.3pc
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 9 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
Tony Rablen (Green) – 879 2pc
Peter Wilcock (Lib Dem) – 562 1.3pc
Joseph Mambuliya (TUSC) – 183 0.4pc
Dagenham and Rainham
Jon Cruddas (Lab) – 17,830 41.4pc
Peter Harris (Ukip) – 12,850 29.8pc
Julie Marson (Con) – 10,492 24.4pc
Kate Simpson (Green) – 806 1.9pc
Denise Capstick (Lib Dem) – 717 1.7pc
Tess Culnane (BNP) – 151 0.4pc
Terry London (Independent) – 133 0.3pc
Kim Gandy (Eng Dem) – 71 0.2pc
To read our live coverage of the election, click here.
And keep checking our website throughout today for interviews with the winners (and losers) on the night.