Khan accused of ‘dodging questions’ about Hodge’s Garden Bridge enquiry
- Credit: Archant
Dame Margaret Hodge’s review into the controversial Garden Bridge has come under scrutiny.
The London Assembly’s Budget and Performance Committee has taken a rare step of summonsing Mayoral documents – the first time it has done so during this mayoralty - after accusing Sadiq Khan of “dodging questions”.
The committee is asking for all documents “relating to all transcripts and audio files written or recorded during the review” – and specified that they wanted to look at discussions with actor Joanna Lumley, bridge designer Thomas Heatherwick, former editor of the Evening Standard Sarah Sands, and a number of TfL bosses, amongst others.
Gareth Bacon AM, Chairman of the Committee said: “Freedom of Information requests and questions to the Mayor at Mayor’s Question Time have been dodged and, frankly, we’re tired of the obstruction.
He demanded that the mayor’s chief of staff “supply this information immediately, so we can assess it and decide how relevant it is to our scrutiny of the Margaret Hodge Garden Bridge Review.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the Mayor of London said: “This is very disingenuous – no Assembly Member has ever submitted a Freedom Of Information request asking for the transcripts or audio from the Garden Bridge review.
“Had a Freedom Of Information request been submitted, GLA officers would of course have responded to the request in accordance with the law.”
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 4 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 5 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 8 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 9 Darren Rodwell: 'I attended Tory conference to lobby for underground A13'
- 10 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences