King George future to be revealed at lunchtime
A statement on the future of the A&E and labour ward at King George Hospital is due at around 1pm today.
Secretary of state for health Andrew Lansley has been reviewing the proposals to close both services at the hospital in Barley Lane, Goodmayes, since late July.
The independent reconfiguration panel, a group of people with varying expertise in healthcare, produced a report for Mr Lansley on the planned changes to help him make a final ruling.
The services closures, first presented by Health for North East London in their current guise in late 2009, has sparked a large and vocal campaign which has included a petition with more than 30,000 names being presented in Parliament.
People have also walked the streets of Redbridge to express their opposition to the planned ward closures.
You may also want to watch:
The Recorder will bring you the content of the statement as soon as it is released, so keep checking our website for updates on this as well as the CQC’s “devastating” report into care provided by Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust.
- 1 Police patrols increase at Dagenham Tube stations
- 2 What is changing when Covid lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 3 Patrols target antisocial behaviour in Barking town centre
- 4 Appeal to help find missing girl who may be in Dagenham, Ilford or Stratford
- 5 Mum of girl with rare genetic condition vows to keep raising awareness
- 6 Chadwell Heath woman fined after not reporting Iron Age coin find
- 7 Man shot in the face in Dagenham
- 8 Liam Gordon ruled out for the season as Dagenham boss McMahon provides injury update
- 9 Barking Riverside homeowners urge developer to cover cost of decking replacements
- 10 Men found with head injuries in Barking bailed by police