London 2012: Dagenham children on way to “brilliant” Olympic Opening Ceremony
Excited youngsters have set off for the Olympic Stadium ahead of their performance at the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony tonight.
The children who attend Hunters Hall Primary School, in Alibon Road, Dagenham, were waved off by their proud parents ahead of the show which is to be watched by billions nationwide.
Carla Palmer was waiting for the bus with her daughter Emily, who is to take part in the �27million opening ceremony. She said the tehcnical rehearsal on Monday was “brilliant” and promised the night would be one to remember.
All those who took part or watched the rehearsal have been told to keep the contents of the show a secret to not spoil the surprise.
More than 30 pupils from All Saints Catholic School, in Terling Road, Dagenham, have also boarded a coach to make their way to the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
The pre-show to the Games starts at 8.12pm, or 20:12, with the opening ceremony kicking off at 9pm.
Around 80,000 people are expected to watch the opening of the Games in the Stadium, with a television audience of billions across the world.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash
Maybe you are performing at the Opening Ceremony or are among the lucky ones to have a ticket. Send your pictures and stories to email@example.com, sign up to iwitness24 or contact us through streetlife.com. Alternatively call the news room on 0208 477 3804.
* Why not watch the Opening Ceremony on a mobile 46-square metre big screen at Central Park, Dagenham, tonight, as part of Festival Central. The fun started at 4pm. Check out festivalcentral.org