London 2012: Dagenham children on way to “brilliant” Olympic Opening Ceremony
Excited youngsters have set off for the Olympic Stadium ahead of their performance at the London 2012 Olympic Games Opening Ceremony tonight.
The children who attend Hunters Hall Primary School, in Alibon Road, Dagenham, were waved off by their proud parents ahead of the show which is to be watched by billions nationwide.
Carla Palmer was waiting for the bus with her daughter Emily, who is to take part in the �27million opening ceremony. She said the tehcnical rehearsal on Monday was “brilliant” and promised the night would be one to remember.
All those who took part or watched the rehearsal have been told to keep the contents of the show a secret to not spoil the surprise.
More than 30 pupils from All Saints Catholic School, in Terling Road, Dagenham, have also boarded a coach to make their way to the stadium.
You may also want to watch:
The pre-show to the Games starts at 8.12pm, or 20:12, with the opening ceremony kicking off at 9pm.
Around 80,000 people are expected to watch the opening of the Games in the Stadium, with a television audience of billions across the world.
- 1 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 2 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 3 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 4 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 7 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 8 'Blows on the hand with a strap': The story of Barking's women jute weavers
- 9 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 10 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
Maybe you are performing at the Opening Ceremony or are among the lucky ones to have a ticket. Send your pictures and stories to firstname.lastname@example.org, sign up to iwitness24 or contact us through streetlife.com. Alternatively call the news room on 0208 477 3804.
* Why not watch the Opening Ceremony on a mobile 46-square metre big screen at Central Park, Dagenham, tonight, as part of Festival Central. The fun started at 4pm. Check out festivalcentral.org