Neil Kinnock will thank party in Barking next month
LABOUR stalwart Neil Kinnock will visit Barking next month to congratulate his party on crushing the British National Party.
Lord Kinnock, 68, will also reminisce about his time as opposition leader against Margaret Thatcher at the CVS building in Ripple Road on February 3.
The Barking Labour Party fundraiser will include an opening talk by the former Labour leader, a fish and chip supper and a question and answer session.
Darren Rodwell, of Barking Labour Party, said: “Neil offered to come after our great success in May. We’re proud to host him.”
Barking MP Margaret Hodge and other politicians are expected to attend the ticket-only evening starting at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To buy tickets priced at �10 call Darren on 07957 249 149.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 5 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 8 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 9 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 10 Paralympic gold medallist inspires Dagenham judo pupils