Neil Kinnock will thank party in Barking next month
LABOUR stalwart Neil Kinnock will visit Barking next month to congratulate his party on crushing the British National Party.
Lord Kinnock, 68, will also reminisce about his time as opposition leader against Margaret Thatcher at the CVS building in Ripple Road on February 3.
The Barking Labour Party fundraiser will include an opening talk by the former Labour leader, a fish and chip supper and a question and answer session.
Darren Rodwell, of Barking Labour Party, said: “Neil offered to come after our great success in May. We’re proud to host him.”
Barking MP Margaret Hodge and other politicians are expected to attend the ticket-only evening starting at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To buy tickets priced at �10 call Darren on 07957 249 149.
- 1 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 2 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 3 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Man stabbed in front of son, 12, in 'unprovoked, violent' attack in Barking
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Footage issued of man sought in Maria Rawlings murder investigation
- 9 Dagenham held to a draw at Stockport as they continue unbeaten run
- 10 Chadwell Heath death: Barking man charged with murder of Maria Rawlings