Neil Kinnock will thank party in Barking next month
LABOUR stalwart Neil Kinnock will visit Barking next month to congratulate his party on crushing the British National Party.
Lord Kinnock, 68, will also reminisce about his time as opposition leader against Margaret Thatcher at the CVS building in Ripple Road on February 3.
The Barking Labour Party fundraiser will include an opening talk by the former Labour leader, a fish and chip supper and a question and answer session.
Darren Rodwell, of Barking Labour Party, said: “Neil offered to come after our great success in May. We’re proud to host him.”
Barking MP Margaret Hodge and other politicians are expected to attend the ticket-only evening starting at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
To buy tickets priced at �10 call Darren on 07957 249 149.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 4 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 5 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 6 East London travel disruption round-up for the week ahead
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Parkrun returns to east London: Where can you join in?
- 10 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street