Praise for funeral director Jeremy West awarded MBE
- Credit: Archant
Funeral director Jeremy West was praised by councillors who said seeing his name on the new year’s honours list was “long overdue”.
Mr West, who runs long-established funeral company West and Coe in the borough, will receive his Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) medal at a Buckingham Palace investiture in the coming months.
The MBE is awarded for a significant achievement or outstanding service to the community.
Speaking at a council meeting on Wednesday last week, Cllr Evelyn Carpenter said: “Jeremy West is a wonderful and generous human being who is made a tremendous contribution to this borough.”
Cllr Anthony Ramsey added: “It’s very long overdue but it has finally been awarded and we are very delighted on his behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Daggers boss Steve Thompson also received an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list last year.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 3 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 4 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Dagenham must continue to believe in themselves ahead of Southend clash