Praise for funeral director Jeremy West awarded MBE
- Credit: Archant
Funeral director Jeremy West was praised by councillors who said seeing his name on the new year’s honours list was “long overdue”.
Mr West, who runs long-established funeral company West and Coe in the borough, will receive his Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) medal at a Buckingham Palace investiture in the coming months.
The MBE is awarded for a significant achievement or outstanding service to the community.
Speaking at a council meeting on Wednesday last week, Cllr Evelyn Carpenter said: “Jeremy West is a wonderful and generous human being who is made a tremendous contribution to this borough.”
Cllr Anthony Ramsey added: “It’s very long overdue but it has finally been awarded and we are very delighted on his behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Daggers boss Steve Thompson also received an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list last year.
- 1 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 5 Ricardo Fuller death: Third man charged with murder
- 6 Work begins on £1.8m arts centre transformation in Barking
- 7 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 8 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 9 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world
- 10 Barking Riverside residents' frustration at new station delay