Praise for funeral director Jeremy West awarded MBE
- Credit: Archant
Funeral director Jeremy West was praised by councillors who said seeing his name on the new year’s honours list was “long overdue”.
Mr West, who runs long-established funeral company West and Coe in the borough, will receive his Member of the Order of the British Empire (MBE) medal at a Buckingham Palace investiture in the coming months.
The MBE is awarded for a significant achievement or outstanding service to the community.
Speaking at a council meeting on Wednesday last week, Cllr Evelyn Carpenter said: “Jeremy West is a wonderful and generous human being who is made a tremendous contribution to this borough.”
Cllr Anthony Ramsey added: “It’s very long overdue but it has finally been awarded and we are very delighted on his behalf.”
You may also want to watch:
Daggers boss Steve Thompson also received an MBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list last year.
- 1 School pupil among Indian Covid variant cases in Barking and Dagenham
- 2 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 3 Love Island promo filming in Barking 'a great opportunity' for college students
- 4 Barking man charged with sexual assault during crackdown on violence against women
- 5 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 6 Barking Indian restaurant owner fined over waste disposal
- 7 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 8 West Ham Women bow out of FA Cup at Manchester City
- 9 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 10 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment