Scotland vote: Results of our Barking and Dagenham Post readers’ poll
- Credit: Photo: Arnaud Stephenson
While Scottish voters set about determining the fate of their nation and the wider United Kingdom at polling booths today, here are the results from our own readers’ poll on the independence referendum.
Last week, the raising of the Saltire – Scotland’s national flag – above Dagenham’s Civic Centre in support of Scotland staying within the UK got tongues wagging in the borough so we decided to ask your opinion on the matter.
Nearly 100 of you voted in our online poll with the majority voting in favour of Scotland remaining within the 300-year-old union.
The highest response was to the option “Yes, I want Scotland to stay and it’s right to show our support” with 40 per cent (36) opting for it, closely followed by “No, I want Scotland to stay but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagnhem” at 32pc (29).
Only 21pc (19) of you chose “No, I want Scotland to leave but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagenham” with just 4% (4) saying they wanted Scotland to simply leave.
You may also want to watch:
The result of the Scottish independence referendum is expected to be properly announced tomorrow morning as ballots come in during the day and overnight.
- 1 Butcher fined £40k for selling 'poor quality chicken'
- 2 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 3 Stephen Port victims' delayed inquest set to begin in Barking
- 4 Indian restaurants in Barking and Dagenham, recommended by readers
- 5 Parade through Barking celebrates borough's 'inspirational' youngsters
- 6 Hospitality Day: Barking and Dagenham's favourite cafe, pub and restaurant revealed
- 7 Restaurant ordered to pay £5k after 2019 fly-tipping offences
- 8 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 9 Humanist: 'Support bill to scrap archaic requirement for school worship'
- 10 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya