Scotland vote: Results of our Barking and Dagenham Post readers’ poll
- Credit: Photo: Arnaud Stephenson
While Scottish voters set about determining the fate of their nation and the wider United Kingdom at polling booths today, here are the results from our own readers’ poll on the independence referendum.
Last week, the raising of the Saltire – Scotland’s national flag – above Dagenham’s Civic Centre in support of Scotland staying within the UK got tongues wagging in the borough so we decided to ask your opinion on the matter.
Nearly 100 of you voted in our online poll with the majority voting in favour of Scotland remaining within the 300-year-old union.
The highest response was to the option “Yes, I want Scotland to stay and it’s right to show our support” with 40 per cent (36) opting for it, closely followed by “No, I want Scotland to stay but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagnhem” at 32pc (29).
Only 21pc (19) of you chose “No, I want Scotland to leave but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagenham” with just 4% (4) saying they wanted Scotland to simply leave.
You may also want to watch:
The result of the Scottish independence referendum is expected to be properly announced tomorrow morning as ballots come in during the day and overnight.
- 1 Drivers escape injury in Dagenham crash
- 2 Eid prayer recited outside Barking Town Hall as groups call for more worship spaces
- 3 Man, 20, found stabbed in Barking
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 'Love Island promo' spotted filming in Barking
- 6 Former east London police sergeant sentenced after pleading guilty to harassment
- 7 Antisocial behaviour patrols in Barking and Dagenham
- 8 Teen 'robbed at knifepoint' in Chadwell Heath
- 9 Barking and Dagenham goes two weeks without Covid-19 deaths
- 10 Barking man appears in court charged with mother-of-two's murder