Scotland vote: Results of our Barking and Dagenham Post readers’ poll
- Credit: Photo: Arnaud Stephenson
While Scottish voters set about determining the fate of their nation and the wider United Kingdom at polling booths today, here are the results from our own readers’ poll on the independence referendum.
Last week, the raising of the Saltire – Scotland’s national flag – above Dagenham’s Civic Centre in support of Scotland staying within the UK got tongues wagging in the borough so we decided to ask your opinion on the matter.
Nearly 100 of you voted in our online poll with the majority voting in favour of Scotland remaining within the 300-year-old union.
The highest response was to the option “Yes, I want Scotland to stay and it’s right to show our support” with 40 per cent (36) opting for it, closely followed by “No, I want Scotland to stay but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagnhem” at 32pc (29).
Only 21pc (19) of you chose “No, I want Scotland to leave but it’s nothing to do with Barking and Dagenham” with just 4% (4) saying they wanted Scotland to simply leave.
You may also want to watch:
The result of the Scottish independence referendum is expected to be properly announced tomorrow morning as ballots come in during the day and overnight.
- 1 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 2 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom
- 3 Ambulance stations to close and be replaced by single centre, LAS reveals
- 4 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 5 Watch out for these disruptions to your journey by road and rail this week
- 6 Man wanted in criminal damage investigation
- 7 Father's Day: Fond memories of Dagenham 'gent' with 'a heart of gold'
- 8 Consultation launched on extension of public space order, including alcohol drinking ban
- 9 Dagenham & Redbridge interested in former Leyton Orient full-back Sam Ling
- 10 Matt Robinson set to agree new deal with Dagenham & Redbridge