Go green with the council's garden waste collection service
- Credit: Archant
The council is encouraging people to help the environment by signing up to its green garden waste service.
The fortnightly service, which costs £40 a year, is an eco-friendly way to dispose of flowers and grass cuttings, weeds, leaves, hedge trimmings and other garden waste.
Around 7,000 households signed up last year, it says.
There will be 19 collections between March and December, but people must sign up before Sunday, February 14 to be eligible for all pickups.
Councillor Syed Ghani, cabinet member for public realm, said: “This year we’re all looking for ways to minimise our impact on the environment, by recycling more at home when we can, and people are becoming more aware of what we can all do to help.
You may also want to watch:
“This is why I urge people to take this straightforward step and get their garden waste recycled.”
Visit www.lbbd.gov.uk/green-garden-waste-collections for more information.
- 1 Marvel movie blockbuster Black Widow filmed in Dagenham
- 2 Man in hospital after being found with facial injuries in Dagenham
- 3 Storage building next to disused Dagenham pub destroyed by fire
- 4 Dagenham man sentenced after flying kick at cop during Black Lives Matter demo
- 5 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 6 Hospital visitors urged to take Covid lateral flow tests
- 7 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 8 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 9 The schools in Barking and Dagenham rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Work to begin on river bus pier at Barking Riverside