Town Hall flags up appeal for carers to join Pitstop foster team
An appeal has been flagged up for more carers to join the Town Hall’s Pitstop specialist foster team.
This follows Barking and Dagenham Council’s Pitstop team scooping the ‘Children and Young People Now’ award supporting youngsters with behaviour problems and their carers.
“More applicants are needed to join our team,” said Cllr John White, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services. “They’re needed for the project as well as for children with less challenging behaviour.”
The team works with seven to 11-year-olds who have complex challenging behaviour problems who need to be cared for away from their families.
The Pitstop project is a specialised form of foster care, where trained carers receive support from a team which includes a clinical psychologist, teacher, social worker and family therapist.
You may also want to watch:
It helps children learn new personal skills to live with a family through adoption or long-term foster care, or return home.
New applicants and existing foster carers can call on 020-8227 5988 or the Pitstop specialist fostering team on 020-8227 5248.
- 1 Woman brightens up Barking and Dagenham with colourful crochet creations
- 2 'Strong, united community' hailed as plans for hotel in Barking withdrawn
- 3 Appeal for help as girl, 17, reported missing from Dagenham
- 4 Bobby Moore's daughter visits Upney buildings to be named after footballers
- 5 Three men found stabbed after alleged brawl in Dagenham
- 6 Walk-in Covid-19 jab events for all adults to be held in Barking
- 7 Exhibition launches to celebrate 100 years of Becontree Estate
- 8 Met launches summer operation as teen killings surge
- 9 Man found stabbed in Chadwell Heath
- 10 Woman organises do after Covid-19 restrictions force school in Dagenham to cancel prom