Town Hall flags up appeal for carers to join Pitstop foster team
An appeal has been flagged up for more carers to join the Town Hall’s Pitstop specialist foster team.
This follows Barking and Dagenham Council’s Pitstop team scooping the ‘Children and Young People Now’ award supporting youngsters with behaviour problems and their carers.
“More applicants are needed to join our team,” said Cllr John White, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services. “They’re needed for the project as well as for children with less challenging behaviour.”
The team works with seven to 11-year-olds who have complex challenging behaviour problems who need to be cared for away from their families.
The Pitstop project is a specialised form of foster care, where trained carers receive support from a team which includes a clinical psychologist, teacher, social worker and family therapist.
It helps children learn new personal skills to live with a family through adoption or long-term foster care, or return home.
New applicants and existing foster carers can call on 020-8227 5988 or the Pitstop specialist fostering team on 020-8227 5248.
- 1 Man hospitalised after being found in Mayesbrook Park
- 2 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 3 Car park murder: Witness describes moment John Avers was run over
- 4 Car park murder: Victim's wife tells trial about the last text he sent her
- 5 ‘It is not tolerated’: CCTV images released after West Ham game disorder
- 6 Car park murder: 'Distressing' CCTV shows victim being run over four times
- 7 Man run over four times embroiled in row over £40,000, murder trial told
- 8 Revealed: Cause of Dagenham house fire
- 9 Historic fleet of vehicles moving from Dagenham, Ford confirms
- 10 Barking and Dagenham set for 250 new electric vehicle charging points