Video: Corbyn criticises budget in Dagenham civic centre speech
- Credit: Archant
Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn hit back at the budget during a visit to Dagenham.
He showed his support for the party’s mayoral candidate, Sadiq Khan, and GLA candidate, Unmesh Desai, in a speech outside the Civic Centre on Saturday.
Mr Corbyn said he had known Mr Desai for a long time and that he fought for “racism, justice and equality”.
He also spoke of the need to ensure permanent housing and the need for a “cleaner and better” city before criticising the government for introducing more cuts for the disabled.
“Iain Duncan Smith resigned last night,” he told the crowd.
You may also want to watch:
“I think some other resignations ought to follow.”
Corbyn held a shadow cabinet meeting at the civic centre earlier this month to mark International Women’s Day.
- 1 Man praises community spirit after flood water threatens homes in Dagenham
- 2 Teenage pedestrian in hospital after Dagenham crash
- 3 Man, 19, stabbed in thigh in Dagenham
- 4 Manager celebrates 25 years working for supermarket
- 5 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 6 Man charged with murder after fatal Dagenham assault
- 7 Dog attack hero and diving suit fundraiser in running for awards
- 8 Murder investigation in Dagenham after man dies in street
- 9 Clean up continues after flooding across Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Ex-McDonald's crew member in final of national awards honouring those shaping business world