Police officer’s hand cut with sword in Dagenham
- Credit: Archant
A police officer was cut with a sword while trying to detain a man.
The officer’s hand was injured after he and colleagues were called to Lodge Avenue, Dagenham, at 7.40pm last night (Monday, November 30) to reports of a disturbance.
When police arrived at a property they were confronted by a man who allegedly wielded the blade.
A spokesperson for the Met said: “The officer was taken to an east London hospital for treatment. His injuries are not life-threatening.”
A man was arrested on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm and taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Jo Richardson pupils offered 'hug in a mug' in lockdown
- 2 Tot with cancer enjoys 'brilliant' fun day outside home in Dagenham
- 3 Views sought on next stage of Gascoigne Estate's redevelopment
- 4 Tributes to 'much-loved' volunteer with a passion for Dagenham history
- 5 London mayoral candidate 'fined' after digital campaign bus visits Dagenham
- 6 Is the Becontree estate in Barking and Dagenham really a Covid hotspot?
- 7 Barking and Dagenham's Holocaust Memorial Day plans unveiled
- 8 'Help people find moments of beauty within the trauma': BHRUT chaplain supports staff during pandemic
- 9 Town hall backs Dagenham freeport bid
- 10 Rapid Covid-19 test site for people without symptoms open in Dagenham