London City Airport team are real high flyers!
IT was simply the most successful quiz night ever for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal. Our annual challenge was held at Links base in Barking Road, Canning Town. And as always it provided tension, drama and above all e
IT was simply the most successful quiz night ever for the Community Links and Newham Recorder Christmas Toy Appeal. Our annual challenge was held at Links' base in Barking Road, Canning Town.
And as always it provided tension, drama and above all else, fun.
As the clocked ticked upto to 11pm, the winners were revealed...and the High Flyers lived up to their name. The team from Silvertown's London City Airport stormed in front and were four points ahead at the half way stage with 49 points.
At the end they were 16 points ahead of their nearest rivals, with a whacking 132.5 points. They picked up their prize wine and eagerly fought-for trophy. Airport boss Richard Gooding said: "We started off well and just seemed to get on a roll. It was all good fun."
You may also want to watch:
The quiz and raffle raised more than �1,300, and a brief auction added another �150. The auction of the Newham Recorder former office sign added another �100. Paula Blake of Links presented the prizes and added: "It was an outstanding effort by everyone and will help provide true Christmas joy for those who need it most.
- 1 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 2 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 3 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 4 Barking woman praises job programme that has helped more than 3,000 people
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Stephen Port inquests: Senior cop wishes he 'pushed further' for murder investigation
- 7 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 8 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 9 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 10 Murder of 'local hero' policeman in Dagenham to be marked after 175 years