London still chasing the leaders
Chelmsford 4 East London 4 EAST LONDON men s outfit headed to Chelmsford for a crucial match with the opposition just one point ahead of them in the race for promotion. East London were by far the better team in the opening stages and after 20 minutes fo
Chelmsford 4 East London 4
EAST LONDON men's outfit headed to Chelmsford for a crucial match with the opposition just one point ahead of them in the race for promotion.
East London were by far the better team in the opening stages and after 20 minutes found themselves two goals to the good thanks to two fine strikes from Kevin Taylor.
A change in Chelmsford's formation, however, saw the home team get a foothold in the match and East London, not helped by the terrible pitch conditions, came under pressure.
You may also want to watch:
Chelmsford scored four times in a dismal spell for the visitors who looked like they had thrown the game away.
However, East London took advantage as Chelmsford sat back to try and defend their lead, with on-form striker Taylor netting twice more before the final whistle to make it 4-4.
- 1 How Dagenham are you? Take our quiz to find out.
- 2 Youngsters create film inspired by Dagenham's links to slave trade abolitionists
- 3 Three shops 'fail test purchases' after joining safe knife selling scheme
- 4 'Stunning mural celebrating Barking history is complete
- 5 Ex-Strictly Come Dancing star gets pupils shimmying in Barking
- 6 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 7 Residents and traders react to proposed A13 tunnel in Dagenham
- 8 Dagenham on the way back up after FA Cup comeback
- 9 Thames Barrier closing for 200th time amid potential east London flooding
- 10 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
The Ladies' side visited Southend and were held to a 1-1 draw despite enjoying much of the possession in a frustrating match.
Elsewhere, the men's third XI played old rivals Romford in an exciting end-to-end match.
Despite both having plenty of chances, East London found themselves 2-0 down and then had to rely on goalkeeper Phil Messenger to produce a string of saves to keep them in the game.
But they fought back to rescue a point thanks to two late goals from Ian Allgood in the last five minutes.