Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- Credit: LBBD
A series of targeted operations are to be carried out to mark trading standards week.
London Trading Standards Week runs from October 18 to 22, with each day having a different focus, including the sale of knives to youngsters.
Barking and Dagenham Council’s trading standards officers will provide advice on scams and doorstep crimes.
Cllr Margaret Mullane, cabinet member for enforcement and community safety, said: "Our trading standards officers do an incredible job in ensuring our residents are kept safe.
“London Trading Standards Week highlights the work that they do and I’m pleased to see that we are joining the rest of London to mark it.
"Thank you to the team for all their hard work."
Recently, more than 12,000 illegal cigarettes were seized by trading standards from four shops in the borough.
- 1 Barking MP Margaret Hodge 'will not stand' in next general election
- 2 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 3 Homophobia ruled out for jury in Stephen Port victims’ inquests
- 4 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 5 Barking cash and carry boss jailed for five years for money laundering
- 6 Barking was Britain's ninth most used station in 2020/21, figures show
- 7 There With You This Winter: Mayor offers £51m of funding for fuel poverty
- 8 Members of Mali Boys gang jailed for supplying Class A drugs into Essex
- 9 Strike action will hit Central and Victoria line Night Tube services this weekend
- 10 What are the chances of a white Christmas in London?