Looking for Eric (15)
Eric Cantona – football genius (apart from that infamous karate kick leap into the Crystal Palace crowd after he d been sent off), somewhat incomprehensible philosopher, and now film star. He had a minor, and very wooden, role in Elizabeth and has been in
ERIC Cantona - football genius (apart from that infamous karate kick leap into the Crystal Palace crowd after he'd been sent off), somewhat incomprehensible philosopher, and now film star.
He had a minor, and very wooden, role in Elizabeth and has been in a number of French movies, but now he is about to play a leading role in an English film, as himself.
LOOKING FOR ERIC (15), Ken Loach's Manchester-based comedy focuses on a postman at crisis point. His wife has gone, his stepsons are out of control and the house was chaotic even before a cement mixer appeared in the front garden.
Life is crazy enough, but it is Eric Bishop's own secret that is driving him to the brink. How can he face up to Lily, the woman of his dreams that he once loved and walked out on many years ago?
You may also want to watch:
The answer is, get some life coaching from his Man Utd hero.
Loach says: "When Eric walks in a room, you really know he's there. It's true of very few people, but he's a man with considerable charisma and a magnetism."
- 1 Man in 50s stabbed in Barking
- 2 Missing teenagers from Dagenham may be in Islington or Haringey
- 3 New CCTV footage in connection with 2017 fatal stabbing of Joshua Bwalya
- 4 Dagenham boss McMahon 'can't wait' for test against big spenders Wrexham
- 5 New community food club set to open in Barking and Dagenham
- 6 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 7 Two men stabbed and a third slashed during We Are FSTVL
- 8 Chadwell Heath station assault witness appeal
- 9 The tea room in a country park 'building a community' in Dagenham
- 10 Revellers descend on Dagenham for We Are FSTVL
He adds: "In Manchester, he was treated with reverence and affection. We had to keep him under wraps a bit - it's the first time I've ever had paparazzi lurking round a set.