Looking for Eric (15)
Eric Cantona – football genius (apart from that infamous karate kick leap into the Crystal Palace crowd after he d been sent off), somewhat incomprehensible philosopher, and now film star. He had a minor, and very wooden, role in Elizabeth and has been in
ERIC Cantona - football genius (apart from that infamous karate kick leap into the Crystal Palace crowd after he'd been sent off), somewhat incomprehensible philosopher, and now film star.
He had a minor, and very wooden, role in Elizabeth and has been in a number of French movies, but now he is about to play a leading role in an English film, as himself.
LOOKING FOR ERIC (15), Ken Loach's Manchester-based comedy focuses on a postman at crisis point. His wife has gone, his stepsons are out of control and the house was chaotic even before a cement mixer appeared in the front garden.
Life is crazy enough, but it is Eric Bishop's own secret that is driving him to the brink. How can he face up to Lily, the woman of his dreams that he once loved and walked out on many years ago?
The answer is, get some life coaching from his Man Utd hero.
Loach says: "When Eric walks in a room, you really know he's there. It's true of very few people, but he's a man with considerable charisma and a magnetism."
- 1 NHS trust celebrates success in cutting long-term waiting list to almost zero following administrative error
- 2 Thousands set to descend on Dagenham for music fest as licence approved
- 3 Council clears illegal encampment under Ripple Road flyover
- 4 Wanted: Man sought after aggravated burglaries, failing to appear in court
- 5 Boris Johnson will resign as Tory leader today
- 6 Barking and Dagenham gets lowly ranking for 'healthy streets'
- 7 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 8 Serving Met officer suspended from duty after stalking charge
- 9 Inquest told Zara Aleena died from head and neck injuries
- 10 Jailed: Burglar who stole equipment worth more than £3k from car repair centre
He adds: "In Manchester, he was treated with reverence and affection. We had to keep him under wraps a bit - it's the first time I've ever had paparazzi lurking round a set.