Luke’s set to sign off
ORIENT travel to Walsall on Saturday, with midfielder Luke Summerfield set to play his last game for the club. Summerfield made his O s debut in the 1-0 home win against Millwall at the end of September and his maximum 93-day loan spell is up after Saturd
ORIENT travel to Walsall on Saturday, with midfielder Luke Summerfield set to play his last game for the club.
Summerfield made his O's debut in the 1-0 home win against Millwall at the end of September and his maximum 93-day loan spell is up after Saturday's clash.
Unlike Townsend, who can extend his loan spell because he is under-21 and arrived at the O's under the Youth Loan system, Summerfield will have to return to Plymouth Argyle before Christmas.
He could, under Football League rules, return to Brisbane Road when the transfer window opens in January and stay for the remainder of the campaign.
You may also want to watch:
But, with established midfield players like Adam Chambers, Jason Demetriou and JJ Melligan all having to make do with a place on the bench last weekend, it's the one area of the team where manager Geraint Williams has plenty of cover.
Summerfield, who has made 13 league starts for the O's, may be keen to return to Home Park and try and force his away into new manager Paul Mariner's plans, although it will be a bitter-sweet return for the midfielder, who has just celebrated his 22nd birthday.
- 1 380 homes and commercial space set to be built at Dagenham Dock
- 2 Men reportedly 'impersonated officers' to get access to Barking home
- 3 Barking and Dagenham MPs react after 'horrific' stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 4 Chain of 10,000 teddies to be displayed in memory of toddler Ava
- 5 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 6 Dagenham pop-up shop sees young people sell their products and share skills
- 7 Thousands of 'illegal cigarettes' seized in Barking and Dagenham raids
- 8 Jailed: Man who crashed stolen van then headbutted police officer
- 9 Ops planned as Barking and Dagenham marks London Trading Standards Week
- 10 Becontree business celebrates 10 years of helping parties go with a swing
Since he joined the O's on loan his father Kevin, who was assistant manager to Paul Sturrock, has left the club.
Boss Williams will have defender Tamika Mkandawire available for Saturday's game, after he served a one-match ban for being sent-off at Swindon.