Luke’s set to sign off
ORIENT travel to Walsall on Saturday, with midfielder Luke Summerfield set to play his last game for the club. Summerfield made his O s debut in the 1-0 home win against Millwall at the end of September and his maximum 93-day loan spell is up after Saturd
ORIENT travel to Walsall on Saturday, with midfielder Luke Summerfield set to play his last game for the club.
Summerfield made his O's debut in the 1-0 home win against Millwall at the end of September and his maximum 93-day loan spell is up after Saturday's clash.
Unlike Townsend, who can extend his loan spell because he is under-21 and arrived at the O's under the Youth Loan system, Summerfield will have to return to Plymouth Argyle before Christmas.
He could, under Football League rules, return to Brisbane Road when the transfer window opens in January and stay for the remainder of the campaign.
But, with established midfield players like Adam Chambers, Jason Demetriou and JJ Melligan all having to make do with a place on the bench last weekend, it's the one area of the team where manager Geraint Williams has plenty of cover.
Summerfield, who has made 13 league starts for the O's, may be keen to return to Home Park and try and force his away into new manager Paul Mariner's plans, although it will be a bitter-sweet return for the midfielder, who has just celebrated his 22nd birthday.
- 1 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 2 Man sublet his council property in Barking while living in West Yorkshire
- 3 Fourth man charged with murder of Dagenham man Tomasz Waga
- 4 Eastbury Manor House to reopen 'as soon as possible'
- 5 Woman treated at scene of blaze at Dagenham block of flats
- 6 Dagenham & Redbridge rally to win at Weymouth
- 7 Young mother died after flying to Turkey for gastric bypass surgery, inquest hears
- 8 Have your say on the proposed east London constituency boundary changes
- 9 'He will not survive the cold': Family fear for missing Sphynx cat
- 10 Dagenham cafe fined almost £2k following waste disposal dispute
Since he joined the O's on loan his father Kevin, who was assistant manager to Paul Sturrock, has left the club.
Boss Williams will have defender Tamika Mkandawire available for Saturday's game, after he served a one-match ban for being sent-off at Swindon.